I am frequently asked about products and resources that I recommend through my practice. So I have added this page where I will add links to websites, books and resources that I use on a regular basis.
Stay tuned – as I will update it with products frequently……
links, likes, and more of my fave resources
Environmental Working Group: www.ewg.org This website is a plethora of information about toxins in our food and environment and how to avoid them. Check out their updated list about top produce to buy organic. The Dirty Dozen and Clean 15.
EWG’s Food Scores: www.ewg.org/foodscores This site is awesome to scan any food product and get it’s healthy food score. Great to help avoid GMO, and understand exactly what is in your food.
EWG’s Tap Water DataBase: www.ewg.org/tap-water An excellent resource for looking up the quality of water in your area, and then recommendations for best water sources. Their info on bottled water is pretty enlightening.
Safe Cosmetic DataBase: www.ewg.org/skindeep A great place to look up any beauty product to determine if it has nasty toxic ingredients, fragrances, or common allergens. I also love their sunscreen guide.
My favorite sites for Cancer Prevention and Nutrition:
- The Cancer Project www.cancerproject.org
- The China Study www.thechinastudy.com
- Anti-Cancer Site www.anticancerbook.com
- Live over Cancer, The Block Institute www.lifeovercancer.com
My favorite nutrition/wellness websites and blogs:
- Kris Carr “Crazy Sexy Wellness” Blog www.kriscarr.com
- Food Babe www.foodbabe.com
- Fooducate www.blog.fooducate.com
- Mercola www.mercola.com
- Dean Ornish www.ornishspectrum.com
- Mark Bittman, New York Times Food Columnist www.markbittman.com
- Center for Mindful Eating www.thecenterformindfuleating.org
- Zen Habits Blog www.zenhabits.net
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine information, latest research, etc.:
- Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine www.jtcm.com
- Society for Acupuncture Research www.acupunctureresearch.org
- Acufinder, a great resource for finding an acupuncturist in your area www.acufinder.com
- Acupuncture Today, a monthly publication for Acupuncturists, with great articles www.acupuncturetoday.com
- NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine), where you can learn about the education and credentials behind becoming an acupuncturist. www.nccaom.org